It’s become our tradition to have pasta for lunch on Sundays. Let me share with you this recipe of a simple and delicious spaghetti with salmon, cheese and lemon. To serve 2 persons you’ll need:
- 300g of spaghetti
- 200g of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 180g of canned red salmon (skinless and boneless)
- 1 juicy lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
Yes, that’s all! Here’s are the step-by-step instructions:
- Boil water and cook the spaghetti as usual
While you wait the the water to boil:
- Grate the parmesan cheese in a medium bowl
- Put a bit of lemon zest in the bowl (to add a freshness boost)
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze its juice in the bowl
- Add the olive oil to the bowl until the mixture is wet and creamy (see photo)
- Put the canned salmon in a plate and mash it into small chunks (see photo)
Once spaghetti is cooked, drain it and put it back in the pan. Thoroughly mix the creamy cheese-lemon-oil mix, the mashed salmon, and the spaghetti in the pan. Pronto! The lemon adds a fresh touch to the tasty combination of cheese and salmon. Ideally, you should use fresh salmon baked in the oven but it’s just simpler to use the canned one.
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think. Bon appétit!