A couple years ago, Mariana, a very close friend, invited us for lunch at her house. This was the first time I tried this tasty oven-baked tortelloni with mascarpone, Greek-style yoghurt, and Parmesan cheese. We don’t have it for lunch as often as the spaghetti with salmon and the chicken with soy sauce but it’s definitely in my top list. Here’s what you’ll need to serve 2 people:
- 500g of fresh tortelloni
- 125g of mascarpone cheese
- 250ml of Greek-style yoghurt
- 60g of grated Parmeggiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spoon of olive oil
That’s all! Very simple, right? So, How do you do it? Here are the steps:
- Boil water in a big sauce pan with the 2 garlic cloves and olive oil. This is the same water you’re going to cook the tortelloni with.
- Once water boils, add the tortelloni, cook it for 2 minutes, and drain it. Business as usual. Leave the tortelloni in a medium glass roaster.
- Crush the now cooked garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the mascarpone and the yoghurt to the bowl and mix them thoroughly until they become a homogeneous cream.
- Spread the cheesy cream on top of the cooked tortelloni in the glass roaster.
- Pour grated Parmeggiano-Reggiano on top of everything.
- Put it in the oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes until the Parmesan looks toasted (see photo).
I use fresh tortelloni with garlic and herb filling. The cool thing about this fresh tortelloni is that it only takes a couple minutes to cook — as I mentioned above. I prefer to use fresh Parmeggiano-Reggiano and grate it myself instead of the usual grated cheese packs because I can choose a better cheese and make it more chunky.
Voilà! The mix of the stuffed pasta with the cheesy cream with a touch of garlic is delicious! Enjoy!